For a Video Tutorial on this Topic, see New Deal Training Video Series.
A deal traverses through several states in CareGARDWarranty.com (CGW). The main states of a deal are:
- New. A new deal is a brand new F&I product deal that you create in CGW for your customer.
- Pending. A new deal becomes a pending deal (is saved in CGW) when you fill out all required information and click Continue or Save as Pending Deal.
Recent/Unpaid (Delivered). A deal becomes recent/unpaid (or delivered) deal when you print and deliver the paperwork to the customer by:
- Clicking Print for Delivery in the Products dialog.
- Clicking Continue in the Deal Details dialog.
- Finalized. A deal is not finalized until you finalize it using the Recent/Unpaid Deals dialog.
Using this tutorial, you will learn how to work with pending deals.
Working with Pending Deals
A pending deal is not yet delivered to the customer or finalized in CGW. Each time you enter information in a CGW dialog and click Continue, your deal is saved and placed into the Pending Deals list. It remains here until you deliver the paperwork to the customer and then finalize the deal.
A deal is “delivered” when you provide the paperwork to the customer for their signature, but you still have to finalize it using the Recent/Unpaid Deals left navigation menu item.
1. To begin working with pending deals, select Deals > Pending Deals from the left navigation menu.
Pending Deals - Navigation Menu
The Pending Deals dialog appears:
Pending Deals Dialog
2. From the Pending Deals dialog, you have two options:
|Delete a pending deal. Confirm your decision by clicking Yes.
You will receive a confirmation that the deal has been deleted:
|This saves the pending deal and takes you to the Print Preview dialog where you can print the deal paperwork out for your customer.